We strive to create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere.
The ground rules for ALL our pages are simple:
– Treat people the way you want to be treated.
– Try to understand someone else’s perspective
and if you disagree, respectfully explain why.
Text is a difficult medium to decipher context.
Emoticons and emoji help, but it doesn’t solve the problem.
Take a deep breath and assume the commenter has the best of intentions
before responding and approach discussions with open minds.
We welcome different perspectives and viewpoints
but we all need to clearly communicate them
without tearing the opposition down in the process.
Stay on point using concise language.
If your comment is more than a few paragraphs long,
consider publishing it on your own site instead.
Your post/comment/account may be deleted
if it matches any of the following criteria:
• Advocates an illegal practice.
• Uses vulgar, profane, or unnecessarily harsh language.
• Is spam or appears to be written primarily to post a link or advertise.
• Is written anonymously.
• Contains copyrighted material not licensed for distribution on the site.
• Impersonates another user.
• Contains an affiliate link.
• Contains a pornographic text or picture.
• Personal insults, including those using racist or sexist terms.
These guidelines are not meant to be an exhaustive list.
The deletion of comments is wholly within the discretion
of the moderators at United Hope Church
and we will err on the side of maintaining a safe and friendly community.